Transfers of Thursday, 15 May 2014
Olympique Marseille striker Andre Ayew has confirmed receiving an offer from Italian Serie A giants Napoli, but says he will only decide his future after the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
Reports in France claim the Partenopei made an offer worth about US$ 14m after their director of sport Riccardo Bigon travelled to Marseille this week.
But the 24-year-old remains focused on the upcoming tournament in Brazil this June.
“It’s true, I have received an offer from Napoli,” Ayew told Football 411.
“I talked about it with my agent and he confirmed it. I haven’t decided what to do yet. I have one year left on my contract with Olympique and we haven’t discussed the future. It will all happen after the World Cup.”
Ayew was linked with Napoli in January, but a knee injury he picked up in November last year which sidelined him for three months led to the collapse of the move.
He has scored seven goals and provided four assists in 28 games this season in the Ligue 1 and Uefa Champions League.
Several top sides in Europe including Liverpool and Arsenal have been linked with the son of Abedi Pele.
|Courtesy of GHANAsoccernet.com - Ghana's leading football news website. Click for more news.|