Transfers of Friday, 31 August 2007
- 31.08.2007: The summer transfer silly season winds down today as the midnight deadline for player acquisitions approaches. Everton may have run out of time with the signing of Stephen Appiah. The English club is unlikely to secure the £5m transfer, agree personal terms and register the Ghana captain before close of business today.
- German Bundersliiga II side, VfL Osnabrueck, will sign Kweku Essien today
- 30.08.07: West Ham United fullback John Pantsil is set to get a move away. The Ghana international is in talks with Panathinaikos about a loan move to Greece.
- Everton boss Dave Moyes is offering £5 million for Fenerbahce midfielder Stephen Appiah. The Daily Record says Moyes contacted the 26-year-old midfielder's agents yesterday and will try to thrash out a price with Fenerbahce for him. Appiah wants to go to the Premiership to follow in the footsteps of his mates Michael Essien and Sulley Muntari - and Everton could get their man if they pay the fee and his wages.
- 28.08.07: Borussia Dortmund are poised to make a move for Roma's Sammy Kuffour. The ex-international was rejected by Sunderland last week.
- 27.08.07: Newcastle are tracking John Mensah in the closing stages of the transfer window. Manager, Sam Allardyce, saw two of his defenders collect injuries in Sunday's 2-2 draw with Middlesbrough and now looking to bring in cover.
- West Ham manager Alan Curbishley is ready to revive their interest in Fenerbahce's Ghanaian midfielder Stephen Appiah. (The People)
- Roma coach Spaletti has not been very impressed with Ahmed Apimah Barusso . They planning to loan him out for one more season due to the very high competition in central midfield. Genoa and Torino are interested.
- Manchester United are desperate for a striker, having scored three goals in their last nine games. Really desperate. So desperate, in fact, that they could go in for Ghanaian international Asamoah Gyan
- Fred Benson moves from Vitesse to RKC Waalwijk for 4 years.
- August 20, 2007 -- West Ham are closing in on Fenerbahce midfielder Stephen Appiah. The Daily Mail says the Hammers are set to land the Ghana international sometime before the transfer window snaps shut. Class act Appiah, creative and assured, is a world-class talent and surely the kind of player who would thrive in the Premier League and assist West Ham’s push to avoid another relegation battle
- Sunderland have been linked with former Bayern Munich defender Samuel Kuffour. The defender spent last season on loan with Italy’s Livorno from fellow Serie A side Roma.
- 20.08.07: The transfer action is hotting up only weeks from the close of the summer window. Just days before the last remaining major European championships (Italy and Spain) kick off, there is no end to the spending in sight. Will Asamoah Gyan move to Man United to help them with their scoring woes? Will Stephen Appiah make a suprise move from fenerbache? Will Sam Johnson find a new club? Derek Boateng is still a hot commodity
- Newly promoted Israeli side Ironi Kiryat Shmona tried to sign Peter Ofori-Quaye but his contract wasn't approved. The striker's Greek club has reported him missing for the past 3 months
- Alfred Arthur is on trial with 2nd Bundesliga club Greuther Fürth
- Awulley "Junior" Quaye Jnr. has signed for El Wehda of Saudi Arabia. Junior left Egyptian club Zamalek at th end of this season.
- 15.08.2007 -- FC Sarajevo are considering a move for Eric Gawu of Hearts of Oak. The Bosnia & Herzegovina club want him on a years contract.
- Black Satellites defender Mohammed Awal Issah who played in the Toulon Tournament in France earlier this year,has signed a two year contract with Amazulu in the South African PSL.
- Hamza Mohammed has signed a 3-year-contract with Romanian division A side Ceahlaul Piatra Neamt
- Yusif Chibsah has NOT signed with the Danish side Randers FC as earlier reported
- Mohammed Abubakari has signed for Greek division 2 side, panserraikosfc from Feyenoord Rotterdam. His former team is Fetteh Football Academy.
- Ivorian giants ASEC Mimosas have signed former Gomoa Fetteh Feyenoord striker Mahadi Abubakar on a one year deal for an undisclosed fee.
- Kumasi Asante Kotoko is close to signing the Burkinabe national goalkeeper Suleimana Sulan for the new season.
- 06.08.07: Jonathan Quartey would be offered a contract with South African side Kaizer Chiefs this week.
- Rumour in some French newspapers indicates Asamoah Gyan has refused a 6 million euro bid from John Mensah's club, Stade Rennes
- Ghanaian U17 player Charles Boateng is on trial at Dijon - France division 2 side. Boateng played for Nania FC
- Dickson Agyeman moves form Germinal Beerschot (Beglium, L1) to FC Eindhoven (Netherlands, L2).
- Felix Mordeku has returned to Switzerland. The former FC Wil striker played one and half years for Kalba Sports Union in the second highest Dubai league. He has now signed a contract with FC Herisau (3rd level in Switzerland).
- Baba Iddi is on trial in Dalian clud of China super league
- Kweku Essien has failed another trial. This time with Austrian side Strun Graz. So far the MVP of Ghana football league for 2006-07 has failed to impress at Hertha Berlin, Eintracht Frankfurt, TSG Hoffenheim, SCR Altach and now Sturm Graz
Comments are temporarily not available.