Mahama nominates Yamoah Ponko, 11 others for MMDCEs
President John Dramani Mahama has nominated some Metropolitan, Municipal, and District Chief Executives for various districts across the country.
A statement by the Local Government Ministry stated that the nominations were made in accordance with Article 243(1) of the 1992 Constitution and section 10(1) of the Local Government Act, Act 462.
The nominees are; Paul Kingsley Averu Aweh for the Asanti Akyem North District Assembly, Yussif Haruna, Offinso South Municipal Assembly, Emmanuel Williams Amoako Sekyere, Kumawu District Assembly, Kwadwo Adei, Sekyere East District Assembly and Kwaku Afrifa Yamoah Ponko for the Ejisu-Juaben Municipal Assembly all in the Ashanti region.
» Read More
- Nov 27
- Mahama's Gov’t living on borrowed time - Sammy Awuku
- I'd have quit NDC if Boateng contested Mahama
- Group demands Lawra primary re-run
- NDC chairman kicks against Ponko’s appointment
- Arthur K to Esseku: 'My NPP membership self-evident'
- Nov 26
- 'NDC primaries a mockery of Ghana's democracy'
- Yamoah Ponkoh cries foul
- Angry E.T. Mensah threatens court action
- Ex-chairman quits NDC
- ‘Some of our delegates were illiterates’
- NPP pats NDC on the back for “successful primaries”
- ‘Flagstaff House controlled primaries in Ashanti’
- NDC to win Tema East Parliamentary seat
- Keep Amissah-Arthur as running mate - Kwesi Jonah
- Court action by disqualified Ketu South aspirant is ill conceived – NDC
- » More Political News