Illegal mining by youth is negative - Akrofuom MP
Member of Parliament (MP) for the Akrofuom Constituency, Mr Kwabena Appiah-Pinkrah, has condemned the youth’s involvement in illegal mining operations.
He has, therefore, called on the youth to refrain from such illegal activities, saying: “It is a dubious means of acquiring wealth.”
He has also advised parents and guardians to ensure that their children and wards attend school and desist from indulging in illegal mining, popularly known as "galamsey."
Mr Appiah-Pinkrah gave the advice when he addressed a congregation at the Akrofuom Methodist Church recently.
At the function, a pulpit donated by Mr Appiah-Pinkrah,a generator donated by children of Opanin Amponsem, a founding » Read More
- Jul 1
- Do not use children as escorts for beggars - Labour officer
- ECOWAS regional workshop on digital dividend opens
- Upper West butchers to demonstrate against new fees
- Govt releases GHc82m to clear arrears of School Feeding Programme
- Three regions of the north top marijuana consumption
- Bonsam on Gay marriage..Says Ghana should start praying
- Cape Coast Castle on fire
- 49,000 Children in coastal areas engaged in child labour
- Class One Pupil Found Dead After Being Sacked From School
- Overcrowding in Sunyani Prison
- Help prevent repeat of June 3 Disaster - NADMO official
- Aburi Girls promotes science and maths among girls
- Civil society organisations to monitor capital projects
- Equal recognition to parents, key to home stability
- Afrocentric Bamboo Bikes trains staff
- » More Regional News