Parents worry over teenage pregnancy
Uncontrolled teenage pregnancy at Kwatire and Adentia is a major problem of parents in the predominantly farming communities in the Sunyani West District, Mr Martin Gyan, Assemblyman for Kwatire, said on Friday.
The situation, he explained, had brought additional economic burden on them, as parents in the area, engaged in subsistent farming had cater for their pregnant daughters after child birth.
According to the assemblyman, boys who impregnated most of the teenagers were their unemployed counterparts, and they could not provide for their upkeep.
Speaking to the Ghana News Agency (GNA) in an interview, after a separate forum on » Read More
- Sep 20
- Sunyani District Assembly educates students on HIV
- Information Services campaigns for cleanliness
- Polio immunization exercise in La-Nkwantanang-Madina
- Sep 19
- 2014 National Immunization Programme begins nationwide
- Provision of quality healthcare is my main objective - Health minister
- Preventing low blood sugar
- Make “heart choices” in order to improve your health - Second lady
- Constipation – the bare essentials
- Government urged to consider health needs of deaf community
- Korle-Bu Polyclinic grateful to Accra Mayor
- Mass Polio vaccination commences
- MTN hands over health compound
- Teenage pregnancy high in Sunyani West District
- AngloGold Ashanti educates communities on Ebola
- Combating counterfeit medicines high on GIZ agenda
- » More Health News