Driver jailed 17 years for defilement
The Kumasi Gender Court, presided over by Ms. Janet Anima-Marfo, has sentenced a driver, found guilty of defiling a minor, resulting in a pregnancy, to 17 years imprisonment.
Abdullai Mumuni, 25, was convicted after he had confessed to the crime.
The 15-year victim had been sent to sell some foodstuff, when the convict lured her to his room under the pretext of buying the items and sexually assaulted her.
Police Chief Inspector Philip Yao Bebli, said Mumuni gave the victim GH?7.00 and asked her not to tell anyone.
He again invited the girl to visit the next day, which she did, and once again » Read More
- Jul 30
- Three miners jailed for robbery
- Businessman in trouble for issuing false cheque
- Taxi driver assaults station chairman
- Jul 29
- Pastor kills wife
- State opposes Afoko's bail application
- Man jailed 20 years for having sex with minor
- Court jails electrician for defilement
- Fake medical student arrested at Korle Bu
- Man grabbed for pouring acid on wife
- Assibit’s appeal hearing adjourned sine die
- Court orders two to compensate minors over pornography
- Unemployed imprisoned for stealing
- Jul 28
- Police round up 75 prostitutes and their clients
- Deaf and dumb beats up Cop
- Pastor sentenced for assault
- » More Crime News