Display options Mobile website

General News of Friday, 20 December 2013

Source: radioxyzonline.com

CHRAJ Boss blames fire on poor wiring system

The Commission on Human Rights and Administrative Justice (CHRAJ) has blamed Thursday’s fire on the bad wiring system of the building.

Parts of the old Parliament House got engulfed by fire Thursday dawn.

The building opposite the Kwame Nkrumah mausoleum along the Accra High Street houses the Commission on Human Rights and Administrative Justice (CHRAJ) and the Sole Commissioner of Judgment debt.

Properties in both offices were destroyed by the blaze.

Addressing a Press Conference Friday, the Commissioner of CHRAJ, Lauretta Vanderpuije said they had filed a number of complaints about the deteriorating electrical wiring system but nothing had been done about it.

She has however assured the public that most of their work including their recent work on SADA was properly documented in a backup system hence they had not lost much in the fire.

She admitted that most of their old documents that don’t come in soft copy form including some recent human rights claims were burnt to ashes.

Comments:
This article has 19 comments, give your comment