Entertainment of Thursday, 28 February 2013
Organizers of the Bass Awards have officially unveiled the various categories for the maiden edition. One would be voted for by the public, and the other, by members on the awards committee/board.
In explaining what they mean by Public Voting Category, the organizers said “This sub-category contains a number of award categories that are open to the general public as well as the BASS Awards Committee (Board) – as it was explained during the official launch”.
The Industry Voting Category “comes with some of the award categories would be strictly voted for my members of the committee. The major reasons being that, such categories are highly technical categories and or would require only the Board members to cast votes on that explained during the official launch”.
Entry forms for potential applicant(s) in all ten regions would be released soon.
“Demo version songs/content will NOT be accepted, they’ve advised. “Songs, music videos or content with openly explicit content and or vulgar language will be DISQUALIFIED as well”.
PUBLIC VOTING AWARDS
1. Kwame Nkrumah Award (Artiste(s) of the Year – (Reggae/Dancehall)
2. Best Collaboration of the Year – (Reggae/Dancehall)
3. Dancehall Song of the Year
4. Reggae Song of the Year
5. Music Video of the Year – (Reggae/Dancehall)
6. Best Presenter (Radio/TV)
INDUSTRY VOTING AWARDS
7. Best Male Vocal Artiste of the Year
8. Best Female Vocal Artiste of the Year
9. Lifetime Achievement Award
10. Record of the Year
11. Producer of the Year
12. Yaa Asantewaa Award
13. Riddim of the Year