General News of Wednesday, 30 January 2013
Source: citi fm
The timely intervention of personnel of the Ghana Fire Service proved critical to stop the spread of fire that gutted a housing complex in Adabraka on Tuesday evening.
The fire destroyed a large section of the first floor of a two storey building located opposite the Adabraka Ecobank branch.
Some of the residents who spoke to Citi News noted that the fire started around 20.25 GMT adding that they suspected the blaze was caused by an electrical malfunction from within the building.
The residents however indicated that several persons were trapped in the building because the escape routes had been blocked by flames.
Watch the Firemen at Work