General News of Monday, 6 August 2012
Press Conference on 3 August, 2012.
Good morning members of the press Corp. I invited you to share my deepest concern with an opportunity available to all of us as Ghanaians to showcase Ghana once again as an epitome of democracy not only in Africa but the world at large.
Let me once again extend my deepest heartfelt condolences to our dear widow, Dr. Naadu Mills and the family of the late Prof. Mills and all the good people of our nation. I also congratulate our President John Mahama for ascending onto the SEAT of Excellence in Ghana.
The well calculated and measured home call by our Sovereign God of our late President John E. A. Mills on one hand has opened the next chapter of opportunity for Ghana to tread and showcase the path of dignity in governance revolution not only in Africa but the world. On another hand, President Mill’s death can open the flood gates of insecurity to Ghana our motherland as predicted by Centre for Strategic Information System (CSIS) report in June 2011 for Ghana destabilization during December 2012 election.
However, President Mahama, holding the steer of the “Yutong Bus” is not only drifting Ghana in the bus but has also began accelerating and veering towards probable intense confusion in his own Party, NDC, the family of the late President Mills and double agony of security threat during December 2012 election.
As opined by K.B. Quantson, the security expert in Ghana, in his book entitled ‘You and Your Security Environment’ that “I should therefore remind them of the wise words of J.F. Clark that our politicians should mature into statesmen. ‘A politician thinks of the next elections, a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party, statesman for that of his country. The statesman wishes to steer while the politician is satisfied to drift.’ Drifting politicians undermine human security. They operate without principles or scruples. ”
As pointed out by J.F. Clark, Drifting politicians undermine human security. They operate without principles or scruples. Ghana needs the statesman’s character that can enable the country to crossover or Passover from 2012 7th December election to 2013 7th January Inauguration of the next President and government revolution of ‘Appropriatism Ideology ‘not only for Africa but the world at large. We are as a nation in a dispensation of NOT politics as usual where politicians drift safely in political decisions and rhetoric only but we are also in time sensitivity of words and actions to the voters. Can President Mahama, lead Ghana into peaceful elections?
PRESIDENT MAHAMA IS DRIFTING TO THE DITCH TOO EARLY
1. Whereas it was a constitutional mandate to swear in President Mahama with such a supersonic speed, why the rush for the NDC to declare him as the Flagbearer at a time that he President Mahama has requested that we all mourn his Predecessor, Late Prof. Mills?
2. President Mahama could not organize and supervise an eternal resting place for the Late President Mills with his family without confusion. Why burying Prof. Mills twice? I called on the funeral planning committee and add my voice for the late President Mills to be buried in his hometown.
3. President Mahama claims to eulogize the late Prof. Mills but he President Mahama wants a communication team that reflects his demeanor and that he will not countenance his team members who indulge in politics of insults. A timely and perfect remark. So was the late Prof. Mills sponsoring the insults?
4. President Mahama says that he reflects the first leader after post independence but why has he appointed a vice who was born before independence? What a paradox and a quick reversal of Ghana’s destiny! Putting a new wine in old wineskin or patching a new cloth in an old one. The chemistry of such bonding has always been uncomfortable blast. Former President Rawlings and the Late former vice President Arkaah.
5. Though the selected Vice President, Mr. Amissah Arthur may qualify for the position, there is perception that he is the alleged prominent gay partner banker who one Mr. Joseph Kwabena Owusu Sekyere, had purportedly told the Daily Guide Paper, which appeared in the paper on 9 January 2012. The Parliamentary appointment committee should ask Mr. Amissah if he is a Gay or Bisexual or none for clarification in order to preserve his dignity. We need to stop politics of character assassination without proof, a lesson we are all learning from the Late President Mills.
6. We hope that question 5 is not in the affirmative, else President Mahama through Parliament is about to cause the greatest abomination to the throne. This is what will be termed as “Sexo Haram”. Voters will demand why the NDC majority Parliament has still not passed any act on gays and lesbians issues to date like the Nigerian Parliament did in order to help direct future reactions toward LBGT community in Ghana.
WHAT IS PRESIDENT MAHAMA’S LEADERSHIP MANDATE
President Mahama in the equation of the erstwhile Mills-Mahama administration is one-term government. However, the 3rd NDC government has the greatest opportunity to lift Ghana’s dignity to the highest to beat the record set by former President Mandela. Ghana was given heraldic double Johns so that the 2nd John can correct the obvious past mistakes.
1. President Mahama’s duty is to make sure his decisions actually reconcile the NDC party feudal factions. The wikileaks exposé of calculated scheme against former President Rawlings, if even succeeds will be at a great cost to the NDC party.
2. President Mahama should not go for 2nd Term and not harden his heart like his predecessor, the late Prof. Mills. Political decision alone has the greatest potential to exchange his dignified destiny for the continent for a rather unpleasant one.
3. President Mahama is demanded first by the land Ghana and second by Africa to supervise “neutrally “and peacefully December 7 2012 election.
4. President Mahama should be happy to be the unprecedented shortest serving President, not desperate for power as Chronicle Newspaper reported on 2 September 2010, who puts his country’s survival above his party and acted as a true Statesman for his country. President Mahama will have greater dignified personality in the world.
5. I am prepared to support President Mahama to chart this part of dignity, peace and joy to his spirit, soul and body. What the late President Prof. Mills was whisked by intercepted unseen hands of the watchers of Ghana, President Mahama should discerningly be sensitive to help avoid and spare the nation for the predicted shake up so as to chart the path of joy and peace for the voters.
6. Ghana needs JOY in 2012 election after we’ve had PEACE in five successive elections. What is politics? The office of JOY2012 demands an answer from our politicians. How can each contesting candidate give JOY to the electorate after being voted to power?
7. President Mahama if he loves his soul his immediate family and the nation should chart the path outlined above to bring joy and seriously consider this counsel of the 3rd NDC government. This is a serious counsel and not politics as usual for Ghana’s interest first above personal ambition.
Thank You for your Time.
By: Jacob Osei Yeboah (JOY2012)
The Next President.