You are here: HomeNews2020 04 22Article 931732

General News of Wednesday, 22 April 2020

Source: www.ghanaweb.com

Fire engulfs house at Kokomlemle


Click to read all about coronavirus →

Several properties have been lost in a fire that razed two rooms and a kitchen in a house at Kokomlemle Wednesday morning.

According to eyewitnesses, the fire which started around 11:00 am was as a result of children playing around with matches unsupervised in one of the affected rooms.

The children, the eyewitnesses say, were unable to put out the fire they started before it got out of hand because there was no water in the house.

Neighbours’ attention wasn’t drawn to the fire early because they initially saw a little smoke and thought someone was just burning some rubbish.

One of them who spoke to GhanaWeb said upon realizing the smoke was actually a result of a serious fire, he called the Ghana National Fire Service.

Before the fire service personnel arrived, however, residents came together to keep the fire under control by pouring water on it.
Their action helped prevent the fire from spreading to a third room in the building.
Workers of the various companies around the building occupied the streets whilst officers were fighting the fire to stay safe.

At the time of filing the story, personnel from the Ghana Police Service and officials from NADMO had been to the site to gather information and to ascertain the cause of the fire.

The affected residents were seen weeping over their lost properties.

Watch video below

Send your news stories to and via WhatsApp on +233 55 2699 625.

Join our Newsletter