General News of Friday, 10 August 2012

Source: Daily Guide

Don’t Probe Mills Death - TB Joshua

The Head Pastor of the Synagogue Church of All Nations SCON) in Nigeria and a personal friend of late President John Evans Atta Mills, Prophet T.B Joshua, has waded into the debate of whether or not the cause of death of the former president should be made public.

According to the prophet, “calling for the cause of what killed our father is not necessary, it is absolutely not necessary. What do we need that for?”

This topic surfaced moments after President Mills died at the 37 Military Hospital two weeks ago, and has been sustained by some pressure groups like the Alliance for Accountable Governance (AFAG), who are calling for a suspension of the funeral of the late president until the cause of his death is established and made public.

However, the government has given clear indications that pursuing the issue was tantamount to invading the privacy of the late president and his family, adding that the decision lies in the hands of the immediate family of Professor Mills.

Speaking at the residence of the late President after praying for former First Lady Naadu Mills, the popular Nigerian religious leader indicated that Ghanaians and Africans at large should celebrate the life of Professor Mills instead of mourning him and feeling sad about his passing.

Prophet Joshua arrived in Ghana on Tuesday in his private jet.

But reports say the former President bled to death.

According the autopsy report gleaned by DAILY GUIDE, there are strong indications that former Atta Mills choked on his own blood after suffering a rupture of a major blood vessel at a time when there was nobody by his side to render a helping hand or even engage medical assistance when the danger signs were manifesting.

The report DAILY GUIDE chanced upon revealed that the remote cause of death, which has been in the public domain for a long time yet disputed by the deceased’s handlers, is throat cancer. The immediate cause of death however has been attributed to the choking resulting from the ruptured blood vessel.

The cancerous growth, according to the report, spread to his sinuses, that is the cavity of the nasal passage, which perhaps accounted for his altered voice in his last days.

The autopsy report explained that the tumor or growth ruptured his carotid artery, a major blood vessel, so he bled profusely and with no assistance at the time, suffocated, unable to breath, which is what was referred to by those who set eyes on him when he was brought to the military hospital on that fateful day.

The loss of blood from his nostrils led those agitating for a post mortem to suspect poisoning because in their estimation, bleeding as he did is consistent with the symptoms of poisoning.

The report also showed that the late president died before reaching the military hospital some two hours earlier, a revelation which further throws a question about the veracity of previous reports about whether he died at the hospital or at the Castle.

The report has provided more grounds for those agitating for a post mortem to proceed with their demands.

Why was the deceased left unattended to when it was obvious that he was suffering from obviously a terminal ailment and so could not be left alone without attention?

The report brings to the fore once more the inconsistencies regarding where the late president died.