You are here: HomeNews2007 07 10Article 126934

Diasporian News of Tuesday, 10 July 2007

Source: Ghana Celebrities

No vedict on Ghanaian "suicide bomber"


Click to read all about coronavirus →

London - The jury in a major terrorism trial in Britain Tuesday failed to convict two men charged with an attempted bomb plot on London's transport network on July 21, 2005. The jury was discharged after members remained deadlocked over whether to convict Manfo Kwaku Asiedu, from Ghana, and Adel Yahya, originally from Ethiopia, who are now facing a re-trial.

On Monday, Woolwich Crown Court found four co-defendants guilty of having planned the attack, which would have come exactly two weeks after the suicide bombings on London's transport network that killed 52 passengers and injured more than 700.

Muktar Said Ibrahim, 29, Yassin Omar, 26, Ramzi Mohammed, 25, and Hussain Osman, 28, were found guilty of conspiracy to murder. They will be sentenced Wednesday, the court announced.

Asiedu, 32, had been accused of being the "fifth" bomber who lost his nerve and dumped his device. He has said he was "duped" into getting involved.

Yahya, 23, who is from Ethiopia but had British citizenship, had always denied any knowledge of the conspiracy.

The prosecution alleged he was part of the "inner circle" of the group who planned the attacks.


Send your news stories to and via WhatsApp on +233 55 2699 625.

Join our Newsletter