You are here: HomeNews2015 10 13Article 387336

General News of Tuesday, 13 October 2015

Source: starrfmonline.com

Boy, 4, dies after mistakenly drinking poison

File photo File photo

Police in Afram Plains South in the Eastern region have begun investigations into the death of a four-year-old boy who died after mistakenly drinking poison.

The deceased Prince Adams died shortly after drinking pesticide belonging to his grandmother.

District Police Commander for the area Superintendent Obeng Dompreh speaking to Starr News said the grandmother of the boy has been arrested to assist with investigations.

Superintendent Dompreh explained that Adams wanted more of a liquid drug which was bought for him after he fell sick some weeks ago but his grandmother hid the drug in order to administer it according to the prescription.

However, Adams upon seeing a pesticide bought by her grandmother, decided to drink it thinking it was his drug.

He died shortly after he was rushed to the hospital.

Join our Newsletter