Transfers of Friday, 1 September 2006
TRANSFERS: Window Closed!
The European transfer window closed on Thursday 31st August 2006. After this time, clubs cannot sign any players, on loan or full transfers, until one minute past midnight on Monday 1st January 2007. This window will stay open until midnight on 31 January 2007.
- <>Habib Mohammed signed for Molde FC in Norway
- Russian club, Saturn, have bought defender Shilla Illiasu. The defender was presented to the press on 31st August.
- Ekye Bismark has found a new club, AC Sangiovannese, third division team in Italy.
- Prince Asuboteng moves from Germinal Beerschot to Spanish third division side Racing Club de Ferrol
- 25.08.2006: Portsmouth will land Fenerbahce star Stephen Appiah this weekend
- Habib Mohammed is on trial at Belgium club Club Brugges
- 24.08.06: Roma central defender Samuel Kuffour is hoping to sign for Tottenham. (The Independent)
- Roma's want-away defender Sammy Kuffour is a target for Portsmouth and Tottenham. Roma coach Luciano Spalletti has left the versatile Ghanaian international out of his pre-season plans and given him the green light to look for a new club. Kuffour's agent, Oscar Damiani said: "We are trying to find a new destination for Kuffour."
- Heracles has reached an agreement [come to terms] with Ajax over highly rated Emmanuel Boakye. He will play a minimum of 1 season in Almelo. Boakye who has received a lot of attention from Clubs including Sparta Rotterdam has come to an agreement with the Club.
- Udinese have yet to receive a formal offer from Portsmouth for Sulley Muntari, the Ghana midfield player.
- John Pantsil has been granted a work permit after he completed a 1 million pound transfer from Hapoel Tel Aviv to West Ham. The right back signed a four-year deal last week.
- Crystal Palace are closing in on a ?200,000 deal for Ghana star Dan Quaye. (Daily Star)
- Ghanaian striker Joetex Frimpong signs a 3 year contract for tunisian side CS Sfaxien
- Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp is still interested in Ghana captain Stephen Appiah. (The Times)
- Reading's ?3.5m bid for Rennes defender John Mensah has been rejected by the French club. (The Times)
- Kevin Amankwaah moves from Yeovil Town FC to Swansea City FC (UK, 3)
- Former Black Star player and Paris St. Germain star Alex Nyarko is set to give a comeback. The 32 year old ghanaian signed a two year contract for Yverdon Sport in Swiss Challenge League (Second Division)
- George Alhassan moves from Bonner SC to VFL Oldenburg (GER, 3)
- Stephen Baidoo moves from MKE Ankarag?c? to King Faisal (GHA)
- Edwin Bediako moves from Eintracht Trier to LR Ahlen (GER, 3)
- Ebenezer Hagan moves from APOEL Nicosia (Cyprus) to Hasaacas Sekondi (GHA)
- Skelley Adu Tutu moves from LASK Linz (Austria) to Hasaacas Sekondi
- Mark Komade moves from RW Essen to Ashantigold (Ghana)
- Richard Manu moves from TuRu D?sseldorf to SC Halberg Brebach (GER, 3)
- Joseph Mensah moves from RW Erfurt to TSV Crailsheim (GER, 3)
- Richard Osei moves from TuRu D?sseldorf to Union Solingen (GER, 3)
- Nana Eshun (Lokomotiv Tbilisi (Georgia) ), Sebastian Barnes (FSV Mainz 05, Bayer Leverkusen), and Henry Acquah (Pennang (Malaysia) ) are now all playing for SF Neitersen in Germany's 3rd Division.
- Malik Buari has been transfered from Woking FC (England) to New Zealand Knights (New Zealand) who play in a joint premier league with australian clubs.
- Owusu Ampomah has been promoted from SC Freiburg's second team into the first team in second Bundesliga.
- Charles Takyi makes a move from HSV to FC St. Pauli (Germany).
- Former junior star Ishmael Addo is now playing for Enosis Paralimni in Cyprus.
- Alex Tachie-Mensah is expected to leave St. Gallen this summer as he is being chased by many clubs. FC St.Gallen is also looking to loan out Kwabena Agouda to a club in the Swiss Challenge league in order for him to get more playing time
April Defender John Mensah has been offered a three-year contract by French club Rennes. The 23-year-old, who is expected to feature for Ghana at the World Cup finals in Germany, came to Rennes in January, on loan from Italian side Chievo Verona. But Mensah's impressive form convinced Rennes' officials to make the deal permanent. Frederick Famiyeh has been transfered from VFB Fichte Bielefeld to Rostocker FC (both GER, 3) Mohammed Muftawu has been transfered from 1.FC Eschborn to FSV Frankfurt (both Germany 39
- Edward Sarpei has been transfered from PSI Yurdumspor (GER, 3) to BP Worringen (GER,3)
- Kofi Mensah has been transfered from Helmond Sport to Omniworld Almere (Holland, 2)
- Toffik Alolo of RTU is expected to leave Accra for Denmark to join Danish side AC Horsens. The striker is set to begin a six- month spell with with a possiblity of a year?s contract which is contigent on his performance.
- Former Bayer 04 Leverkusen midfielder and Ghana international Daniel Addo Daniel Addo is among the players to try their hand in the top-flight of FDR Macedonian football. He has been signed by FK Vardar
- Maccabi Netanya (Israel) decided to sign Habib Mohammed who played last season in King Faisal after a positive trail.
- Abdul Samed Okocha signed for Maccabi Netanya one month ago.
- U-20 Worldcup silver medalist in Argentina, James Owusu Ansah formerly Cruz Azul (Mexico) is now playing for O.Municipal in El Salvador
- Former international Yaw Preko moves from swedish side Halmstads BK to Al Ittihad (Saudi Arabia).
- Moses Sakyi moves from Estoril to Sporting Olhanense (both Portugal 2)
- Richard Nyarko has signed a new contract with his former club FSK F?rstenfeld (Austria 3)
- Eric Agyemang moves from Kickers Emden to SC Pfullendorf
Edwin Bediako moves from GFC 09 D?ren to Eintracht Trier
Luis H?rger moves from TSV Crailsheim to Heidenheimer SB
Mallam Yahaya moves from FC Astoria Walldorf to ASV Durlach
Joe Yankson moves from Hannover 96 Amateurs to BV Cloppenburg
- John Mensah has joined Ligue 1 side Stade Rennais FC on loan from AC Chievo Verona until the end of the season