You are here: HomeNewsRegions2018 01 20Article 619222

Regional News of Saturday, 20 January 2018

Source: Antwi boasiako John

Fire guts 8-bedroom house at Tanoso

Reports reaching OTEC News indicate fire consumed an eight-bedroom house at Tanoso in Kumasi in the early hours of Friday 19 January 2018 destroying several items worth thousands of Ghana cedis.

OTEC news district correspondent Asare Baffuor reported, they saw the fire at around 8:00 am behind the GPRTU office near the Brotherhood Church.

Speaking to OTEC news one of the affected tenants, Osei Kofi Gabriel disclosed the fire started from a room opposite his.

"I was fast asleep when I heard my sisters shouting for me to wake up around 4:00 am. By the time I woke up, the fire had consumed all the rooms opposite mine," he confirmed.

He couldn't explain the cause of the fire but was able to inform one of his friends who called fire service to help put out the fire.

According to him, the affected tenants are doing everything to identify the cause of the fire in order to avoid future occurrences.