You are here: HomeNewsRegions2019 04 01Article 734812

Regional News of Monday, 1 April 2019

Source: ghananewsagency.org

Bono East police debunks 'self-imposed' curfew in Banda District

Police in Bono East has refuted reports of alleged "self-imposed” curfew in the Banda-Ahenkro and its environs as being circulated in the social media.

Though the command confirmed cases of armed robbery attacks in the District, it said it had intensified police patrol and improve security presence in the area.

It said in the past months' eight-armed robbery cases had been recorded in the area.

A statement issued by the Command and signed by Chief Inspector Augustine Kingsley Oppong, the Regional Police Public Relations Officer, and copied to the Ghana News Agency (GNA), said the people were currently going on with their normal activities.

The command assured residents of total security as it investigated the robbery cases and appealed to the people to help fish out and prosecute the suspects by providing the police with needed information.