Politics of Friday, 20 February 2026

Source: www.ghanaweb.com

DVLA CEO responds to claims of employing NPP Loyal Ladies

Chief Executive Officer of DVLA, Julius Neequaye Kotey Chief Executive Officer of DVLA, Julius Neequaye Kotey

The Chief Executive Officer of the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA), Julius Neequaye Kotey, has dismissed allegations circulating on social media that he offered employment slots to individuals affiliated with the New Patriotic Party (NPP).

In a Facebook statement issued on February 19, 2026, Kotey described the claims as false and part of a deliberate attempt to tarnish his reputation.

In the statement titled “Disclaimer Regarding False Employment Allegations,” Kotey said his attention had been drawn to a video accusing him of granting employment opportunities to “NPP loyal ladies.”

What the DVLA CEO said about revenue growth figures in 2025

“I wish to state categorically that I have not given any employment slots to any NPP group or individual,” he stated.

He further indicated that a thorough investigation had been conducted into the matter and claimed to have identified the individuals behind what he described as a “mafia-style” character assassination attempt, including alleged financial inducements connected to the claims.

Kotey maintained that his integrity remains intact and expressed confidence that the truth would prevail.

“To those plotting further: my integrity remains intact, and truth will always prevail,” he said.



AM

Meanwhile, watch GhanaWeb’s exposé on the 'dark side of Kayamata' and its devastating impact