Politics of Monday, 18 May 2026

Source: asaaseradio.com

Wontumi campaign condemns personal attacks in NPP Chairmanship contest

Bernard Antwi Boasiako is the Ashanti Regional NPP Chairman Bernard Antwi Boasiako is the Ashanti Regional NPP Chairman

The campaign team of Bernard Antwi-Boasiako has condemned what it describes as personal insults and online attacks targeting members of its campaign management team in the ongoing internal elections of the New Patriotic Party.

In a statement issued on May 18, the team said several officials, including its Director of Field Operations and Delegate Mobilisation and other campaign figures, had been subjected to “unwarranted insults and personal attacks” in videos circulating on TikTok.

The statement referenced an individual identified as “Boya,” alleging that the videos contained derogatory remarks directed at members of the Wontumi campaign team.

The campaign said the conduct risked undermining the tone of the internal contest and urged supporters of rival candidates to discourage such behaviour.

It accused sympathisers of other campaigns of being behind the attacks, although it provided no evidence to support the claim.

“The campaign remains committed to a vision-based contest focused on unity, competence and ideas, not insults or character assassination,” the statement said.

The team urged party members to maintain discipline and avoid actions that could deepen divisions within the NPP as it prepares for national elections in 2028.

It also appealed to party leadership and supporters to ensure the internal process remains peaceful and focused on party unity.

The Wontumi campaign said it continues to engage delegates across the country as part of efforts to secure support for Bernard Antwi-Boasiako’s bid for National Chairman.