Armed men have reportedly abducted a 15-year-old boy, Ali Issah, at Kabulya in the Nanumba South District of the Northern Region, with the family appealing to the police to intensify efforts to rescue him.
The incident is said to have occurred between 10:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 23, 2026, after the armed men stormed the family’s residence in a community near Bimbilla and demanded to see the boy’s father, who was away from home at the time.
Speaking in an interview with Channel One TV on May 24, 2026, a family spokesperson, Mohammed Yahaya, recounted how the attackers allegedly assaulted one of the boy’s stepmothers while demanding money they believed had been entrusted to her by her husband.
According to the spokesperson, the woman was nursing a child when two armed men entered the room and ordered her to surrender money allegedly kept for her husband.
The spokesperson said the woman denied having any money, but the suspects ransacked the room, pulled out belongings, and accused her of hiding cash and owning two cars.
“She was crying, telling them that she doesn’t have any money. She even told them that if they wanted to kill her, they could kill her because there was nothing there,” the spokesperson said.
The spokesperson further alleged that the woman was beaten during the ordeal and later showed visible injuries.
According to the family, after failing to find money in the house, the armed men tied up the teenager and whisked him away to an unknown location.
The boy’s father, Issah Laulau, reportedly received a phone call from the suspected kidnappers in the early hours of Sunday morning demanding ransom for the boy’s release.
I got a foreigner arrested for threatening to kidnap, impregnate me - Woman recounts
The kidnappers are said to have questioned him about the number of cattle he owns and insisted he raise money in exchange for the safe return of his son.
The family says the matter has since been reported to the police .
They are appealing tothe police to step up investigations to ensure the teenager’s safe rescue.
Watch the video below:
The family of 15-year-old Ali Issah in Kabulya in the Nanumba South District of the Northern Region appeals to the police to intensify efforts to rescue him after he was allegedly kidnapped on Saturday night.
— ChannelOne TV (@Channel1TVGHA) May 24, 2026
Mohammed Yahaya, narrated the incident on behalf of the family. pic.twitter.com/GBxlLaTefz
JKB/EB
File witness statement within 7 days or face judgment - High Court orders Wontumi
TWI NEWS









