You are here: HomeNews2011 06 07Article 210512

Regional News of Tuesday, 7 June 2011

Source: GNA

Three Children survive electric shock in Aboadze

Aboadze (W/R), June 7, GNA 97 Three boys, between the ages of four and six years, escaped death, after they were nearly electrocuted at a funeral in Aboadze, at the weekend.

According to Madam Margaret Baidoo, an eye witness, the incident occurred around 19:30 hours last Saturday, at a funeral in Aboadze.

She said the three boys went to the funeral grounds to enjoy the music being played but in the course of dancing, one of them stepped on a naked electrical wire and when his two friends tried to pull him from the wire they also had serious shocks in the process.

But other youngsters around realised immediately that something had happened to the kids, because they were not moving.

They quickly went for canoe paddles and separated the naked wire from the kids and rushed them to the Aboadze VRA Hospital for treatment.

Fortunately, the health workers were able to resuscitate them. At the moment, they are responding to treatment at the hospital.

A resident of the town, Uncle Kwaw Mensah told the GNA that, the community had passed a bye-law for spinners, who play music at funerals to close at exactly 18:00 hours to prevent youngsters from engaging in immoral activities.

"Recently, a 15-year old JHS one student at Whindo, Elizabeth Cudjoe was murdered after attending a funeral, and it seems parents are not paying much attention to their children nowadays resulting in such tragic incidents, 93he observed.

He appealed to parents to pay attention and take good care of their wards, since they are the future leaders of our dear nation.