You are here: HomeNews2015 09 27Article 384273

Regional News of Sunday, 27 September 2015


St. Augustine’s student, 19, electrocuted to death

A 19-year-old student of the St. Augustine’s Senior High School at Bogoso in the Western region has been electrocuted to death.

The deceased, Patricia Dede, was heard screaming in her room for help but was found lifeless with a water heater lying by her side.

An eyewitness told Starr News’ Emmanuel Ohene Gyan that they rushed to the room upon hearing her call for help only to discover her electrocuted body on the floor.

The Station Officer in charge of the Prestea Police command, Chief Inspector Joseph Berko, in an interview told Ohene Gyan that the body of the deceased has been deposited at the Wassa Akropong Government Hospital morgue.

“She was trying to plug the iron while the plug of the water heater was still in the socket, so that is what triggered the electrocution.

“Apparently, as she was forcing to unplug the heater there was an explosion, and so you could see a cut on her breast area,” he recounted.