You are here: HomeNews2017 04 24Article 531665

General News of Monday, 24 April 2017


Nduom’s ATV, BTA back on air 24hrs after Coconut Grove Hotel Fire

Two free to air Television stations owned by Groupe Nduom are back on air 24 hours after the fire incident on Saturday evening.

In a latest release issued by the Director of Corporate Affairs of Groupe Nduom Richmond Keelson, he disclosed that businesses that are housed at the Coconut Grove Regency Hotel will operate on Monday April 24, 2017.

“GN Bank and Gold Coast Fund Management Branches at North Ridge will open for Business Tomorrow Following the fire that swept through a section of the Regency Hotel yesterday; disaster recovery procedures have been activated.

As a result, GN Bank, Gold Coast Fund Management and Amansan Television (ATV) that were based at the hotel will open for business tomorrow. ATV in particular will begin broadcasting early evening today. Our cherished customers are respectfully requested to go the old Gold Coast compound right next to the Regency to transact business.

GN Bank’s ATM at the Regency is working and available for use. All customer funds are safe. All vaults have been recovered intact.

Groupe Nduom representatives will be available at the Regency Hotel to answer questions and provide needed information”, the statement said.

Preliminary investigations have pointed to a faulty air conditioner at Amansan Television (ATV) for the cause of Saturday evening’s fire at the Regency Grove Hotel.

The fire which caused extensive damage to properties of subsidiary companies of Groupe Nduom gave fire fighters a hectic time as they were initially reported to have rushed to the scene without water.

Management of Groupe Nduom, are quoted as saying “the fire…spread to other offices on the same block as the ATV studio. The ATV studio and four commercial offices of Groupe Nduom are on the same block.

It is important to note that the Regency Hotel and its restaurant, guest rooms and conference facilities are intact and were not touched by the fire . Somewhere between 5.00 and 5.30 pm this afternoon, staff of Amansan Television (ATV) noticed fire burning apparently from the direction of an air conditioning unit in their studio”

“Two fire tenders came soon followed by three more. It has become apparent after about an hour and a half, that the Fire Service personnel have not been able to contain the fire at the studio”