You are here: HomeNews2020 06 22Article 986797

Sports News of Monday, 22 June 2020

Source: footballghana.com

KP Boateng has removed his contract extension option- Besiktas President


Click to read all about coronavirus →

The president of Turkish giants Be?ikta?, Ahmet Nur Çebi, has revealed that Kevin-Prince Boateng has voluntarily removed an option that would have triggered an automatic contract extension.

The 33-year-old signed for the Super Lig side on loan in January. In the contract, an option was included. Boateng had to play for at least 45 minutes a game for 10 games to trigger a 1.7 million euro a year extension. So far, he has made seven appearances of which six of them meets the criteria.

The coronavirus pandemic has hit a lot of clubs hard including Be?ikta?. They asked the Ghanaian to remove the clause in the contract and he has agreed.

"He had the option of 1 million 700 thousand euros, but he raised it. He said," Don't be tied to me, I want to play ball, "and we removed the option," Ahmet Nur Çebi told CNN Turk.

The former Barcelona star has scored two goals for Be?ikta? so far.

Disclaimer

GhanaWeb is not responsible for the reportage or opinions of contributors published on the website. Read our disclaimer.

Send your news stories to and via WhatsApp on +233 55 2699 625.

Join our Newsletter