You are here: HomeNews2017 11 02Article 596594

Sports News of Thursday, 2 November 2017

Source: GHANAsoccernet.com

I have nothing to prove against Bournemout - Christian Atsu

Newcastle United winger Christian Atsu says he does not feel pressured to perform against Bournemouth in the English Premier League.

The Ghana international, previously owned by Chelsea, had a horrific loan spell with the Cherries during the 2015-16 season.

But Atsu managed to revive his career at St James' Park where he helped the club to secure qualification from the Championship.

''I have nothing to prove to Bournemouth,'' Atsu told the club's website.

''I was unlucky, I had a lot of injuries while I was at Bournemouth and the team was also doing well so it was difficult for the manager to change the squad.

''So the blame is not on anybody, that is how football is.

''I am just working hard now and trying to focus on Newcastle."