You are here: HomeNews2017 08 28Article 574532

General News of Monday, 28 August 2017


Four injured in gas explosion

Three persons have been left with varying degrees of burn injuries after a gas cylinder which they were using to cook exploded at Wassa Tamakoloe in the Amenfi East District of the Western Region.

Clifford Gibson a local Journalist and resident of the area disclosed to that the incident occurred on Sunday evening while the family of the injured persons was preparing dinner.

According to him, one Ahortor had directed her daughter to start preparing dinner but she realized one of the cylinders was empty and decided to replace it with an already filled one.

Unknowingly, she mistakenly fixed the regulator the wrong way and in the process of lighting the burner, the whole room caught fire after an explosion burning all three.

Neighbors and police in the area rushed to their rescue and managed to put out the inferno.

They were subsequently rushed to the Wassa Akronpong Government Hospital where they are currently on admission responding to their hospital.

“Their bodies were severely burnt as at the time they were rescued and being taken to their hospital. Their conditions were very critical. It includes the father, wife and two children”, he disclosed.