You are here: HomeNews2015 03 29Article 352356

General News of Sunday, 29 March 2015

Source: starrfmonline.com

Fire ravages PBC warehouse in Buipe

Firefighters in Buipe in the Gonja East district of the Northern region are still battling to put out an inferno that ravaged a warehouse of PBC Shea - a subsidiary of the Produce Buying Company Limited (PBC) - in the area, Saturday evening.

The fire, according to StarrFMonline.com sources, was caused by an explosion of a byproduct of the production of shea butter, known by industry players as ‘doc’.

Products running into several thousands of Ghana Cedis are believed to have been consumed in the flame.

Personnel of the various emergency services including, officials of the Bureau of National Investigations are currently at the scene helping to quench the flame.

Join our Newsletter