You are here: HomeNews2015 05 11Article 357724

Regional News of Monday, 11 May 2015

Source: Daily Guide

Dumsor kills lovers

Two persons, supposed to be lovers, were found dead on Friday in a house near Green Door Hotel at Kukurantumi in the Eastern Region.

The lovers, who were identified as Kwadwo Adom, 72 and Theresa Adobea, 33 – reportedly married with two kids – are suspected to have died from inhaling fumes from a generator which they had used to light up their room due to power outage (dumsor) in the evening of Thursday, May 7.

They were found naked and separated from each other – one in the hall, the other in the bedroom. Sources indicated that they might have had sexual intercourse and slept deeply while the generator was still on, making them inhale poisonous emissions.

The man purportedly had his used condom and its content on his organ at the time their corpses were discovered around midday on Friday, while the generator was still running.

The family of Kwadwo Adom is domiciled in the United Kingdom while Adobea is a resident of Madina, Accra.

Information gathered by DAILY GUIDE indicated that the man brought Adobea to his residence on Thursday, May 7, 2015, and passed the night at Kukurantumi.

The following morning, they were not seen and so some workers of the man were said to have knocked at his door to check on him.

However, there was no response. Alarmed by the awkward silence, they broke the door and found the lady lying dead in the hall while the lifeless body of the man was in the bedroom. A complaint was lodged with the Tafo police who followed up to the scene.

Their remains have since been deposited at the Police Hospital for preservation and autopsy.

A police source confirmed the incident and said the lovers might have been killed by toxins from the generator’s fumes.