You are here: HomeNews2016 08 26Article 465215

Regional News of Friday, 26 August 2016


Court confiscates 5 police vehicles

A Sunyani High Court, presided over by Justice JSK Sarpong, has slapped GHC3,150 cost on Godfred Lah, a police officer stationed at Techiman in the Brong Ahafo Region for pulling the manhood of the Manager of Union Oil Company Limited which rendered him impotent.

In addition, the court ordered the seizure of police vehicles with registration numbers GP 3134, GP 3331, GP 3003, GP 3005 and GE6340.

It would be recalled that DAILY GUIDE in 2012 carried a story about how a police officer violently pulled the penis of one Prince Kwaah Agyemang, the Manager of Union Oil at Manso, near Techiman.

The manager went to the Techiman Branch of the National Investment Bank (NIB) to deposit money and the cashier in process of counting the money, realized that a GHC20 note was fake.

The lady reported the incident to Mr. Lah, who was on duty at the bank.

Without any resistance from Mr. Agyemang, the policeman held his penis and dragged him to the police station amidst pleas by the victim that he had pains in his penis.

Mr. Agyemang was detained overnight at the police cells.

The following morning when Mr Lah for duty, Mr. Agyemang told the policemen that he could not sleep in the night due to severe pains in his penis.

The police chief at the station ordered the police to take him to the hospital to assess his penis.

At the hospital, Mr. Agyemang was immediately rushed to the theater where the doctors performed surgery.

When Mr. Agyemang was discharged from the hospital, he realized that his penis was not functioning again.

He consumed several medicines but the situation did not improve.

A year later when his wife realized that the man was impotent, she deserted him and got married to another man.

Out of anger and frustration, Mr. Agyemang reported the matter to his lawyer, Nana Obiri Boateng, who filed a suit at the Sunyani High Court.

The case was called on October 10, 2014, February 24, 2015, November 4, 2015 and May 4, 2016 but the defendant failed to appear before the court.

On August 10, 2016, the judge slapped GH¢3,150 cost on the defendant after he failed to attend court.

Send your news stories to and features to . Chat with us via WhatsApp on +233 55 2699 625.

Join our Newsletter