Transfers of Thursday, 31 May 2007
Gossip/Transfers: January to May
- 31.05.07: Laryea Kingston, is still awaiting clarification on his future. He is currently on loan at Hearts from the Russian club Terek Grozny, but Romanov has a first-option clause to sign the midfielder which must be activated by Wednesday. Bolton, Newcastle and Everton have all declared a strong interest in Kingston, who insists Tynecastle would be his first-choice destination.
- Spanish side Levante's Ghanaian-born winger Mustapha Riga has been linked to Middlesbrough
- Sam Allardyce is set to make the Derek Boateng his first signing at Newcastle United (The Independent)
- Galatasaray is said to be interested in Matthew Amoah of Dortmund.
- Arminia Bielefeld are interested in signing their former striker Issac Boakye from VFL Wolfsburg.
- 25.05.07: Kwadwo Poku is presently on a trial with Borussia Dortmund, his agent Tony Yeboah made it possible. Dortmund are likely to sign him because he is transfer free.
- 23.05.07: Reading director of football Nick Hammond has confirmed the club is no longer chasing Rennes defender John Mensah.
- Bennard Yao Kumordzi, whose Greek club egaleo FC was relegated has signed a One-year contract with Panionios of Greece despite other offers from AEK and Saint Ethiene of France.
- )Skysports.com) - Stephen Appiah could be in line for a return to Juventus. The Italian giants are weighing up a swoop for the midfielder as they prepare for life back in Serie A next season. Appiah looks set to leave Fenerbahce in the summer as he seeks a new challenge.
The dynamic midfielder spent two seasons at Juventus before making the move to Fenerbahce in 2005 and he is still highly-regarded in Turin.
Juve boss Didier Deschamps is keen to bolster his midfield options next season and he is believed to be a big fan of Appiah. It is believed Appiah's representatives have travelled to Turin to hold talks with Juve officials and if negotiations are successful the African could make a return to the Bianconeri.
- John Mensah has extend his contract with the Stade Rennais by 1 year. His contract with SRFC now runs rill 2010.
- Arsenal had a look at Shila Illiasu last summer, and may want to take a further check on him again this summer
- 14.05: Sulley Ali Muntari's representative has insisted that the Udinese ace will join Premiership side Portsmouth this summer.
- May 8, 2007 -- Hans Sarpei says he is interested in a move to German second division FC Cologne next season. The 30-year-old defender has not had his contact at VFL Wolfsburg renewed from the end of the current season.
- Eric Addo is likely to stay in the Netherlands next season after being told he is no longer wanted by PSV Eindhoven. FC Twente coach Fred Rutten said he was keen to sign up the 29-year-old because he was adept in both central defence as well as defensive midfield.
- 04.05: According to THE SUN newspaper, Celtic are closing in on £6m rated Fenerbahce midfielder Stephen Appiah.
- Dutch club, Heracles, are expected to make an approach to sign Emmanuel Boakye on a permanent deal. The defender went to Heracles Almelo on loan, but Ajax are not expected to recall him.
- 01.05.07: Roma are close to sealing a deal for Udinese midfielder Sulley Muntari. Portsmouth were favourites for the Ghana international before it emerged yesterday that Roma had all but agreed terms with Udinese for the midfielder. Roma are offering £5 million plus midfielders Aleandro Rosi and Matteo Brighi in exchange for Muntari.
- 28.04.07: Besides AEK Athens, Greek league champions Olympiakos, are also interested in signing Bernard Kumordzi. The midfielder is now confused as to which club to sign for since the 2 rivals have champions league spots.
- 25.04.07: Reading are ready to make a fresh bid for defender John Mensah after checking him play for Rennes in a 3-2 win against Toulouse. Boss Steve Coppell still fancies the 24-year-old international despite a failed record £3.5 million bid last summer.
- William Owusu Acheampong is on trial at Portugese club, Sporting Lisbon
- 18.04.07: Bennard Kumordzi and Eric Addo are expected to join AEK Athens in the summer
Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill has targeted Sulley Muntari
- 15.04.07: Liverpool sent scouts to check on Sulley Muntari when his club Udinese beat Chievo 2-1
- Danish side, FC Midtjylland, have sent Kwadwo Poku back to Ghana. The contract of the Ghanaian forward has been terminated. Poku arrived in 2004 and was seen as one of Africa's best youth players. He was unable to get regular playing time had difficulties adapting to the Danish culture and mentality. Poku has been sent home to continue/save his career. Poku scored three goals in 27 outings.
- April 4: The agent of Sulley Muntari says a Premiership move is most likely for the Ghanaian international at the end of this season. Portsmouth are keen to sign Muntari and the player's representative, Stefano Antonelli, said: "There's been plenty of speculation about Muntari.
"He will leave Udinese, but Roma aren't in pole position. Indeed, an English solution is much closer."
- Former Ghana youth international Ibrahim Attiku has joined Swedish second division side IF Sylvia. The 23-year-old signed a six-month loan deal on Tuesday. Attiku moves from rivals Assyriska after they were relegated to the third division.
"I hope this move will help my career as playing in the third division would have been hard for me to cope," he told BBC Sport.
"I am confident of helping IF Sylvia to qualify for the top league in Sweden." Attiku joined Assyriska in Sweden's top league three years ago but were relegated two times in as many years. He also had a short stint with Hapoel Pektah Tikvah of Israel in 2002.
- Ekow Benson, is on trials at Stade Rennais FC. The alf brother of John Mensah's plays for Tema Youth. The right winger had his first appearenance for the Ghanaian National Team this week, by coming on as a sub in the 90th minute against Brazil.
- Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp has moved a step closer to signing Udinese's £10m-rated Ghanaian midfielder Sulley Muntari. (Daily Mirror)
- Razak Pimpong has signed for the Norwegian club, Viking for â‚¬500,000 on a 4-year-contract. He moved from he Danish Club FC Copenhagen
- English Non-League club, Enfield Town, have pulled off a major coup by signing former Ghana Under-20 Wolrd Cup star Owusu Afriyie in a move manger Jim Chandler described as ''the beggest signing of his career'' . Enfield Town is in the Isthmian League Division One North. This is two divisions below the Conference North/South Division and 3 below National Conference.
- Veteran Nii Odartey Lamptey has signed for South African side Cosmos
- Ahli's Ghanaian midfielder Akwetey Mensah will fly to Dubai for a trial with UAE side Ahli. He will train there for three days to negotiate contract terms with the club. Ahli haven't decided yet whether Akwetey will depart on a loan deal, however, everything will be agreed before the transfer window in UAE closes.