Entertainment of Thursday, 16 August 2012
Contrary to reports that Praye Tenten (Nana Kwame) had been sacked from the music group, Praye, the new duo (Praye Tiatia and Praye Honeho) claim such an incident never occurred.
According to them, Praye Tenten decided to take a bow and go solo; a decision they say came to them as a shock and have managed to respect that decision as well as recuperate.
“It came to us as a shock and it was a big blow to the group anyway. It took something out of the group at that time but the group has been restructured. Everything is new now... it’s a new testament that we are promoting with new singles,” Praye Tiatia told host of e.tv Ghana’s flagship programme Awake
The duo who have already released three singles after the breakaway, however, could not state a reason for Praye Tenten’s decision to go solo.
“I think its personal to him but I mean in life everybody chooses what is best for him or her and I think the solo career is gonna give him a new position,” Eugene (Praye Honeho) told Rashida Nasamu.
They also revealed that they were still in communication with Praye Tenten and hinted of a possible reunion should he decided to return.
“I think our doors are still open...anytime he chooses to quit his career and decides to join us...I mean the offices of Brooms Entertainment are always open. There have been a lot of controversies, people are saying he sacked us, others are saying we sacked him. But I mean whether he did or we did all we are saying is that we pray he finishes what he is pursuing and then come back”, Praye Honeho said.
The duo said their source of motivation came from their fans.
According to them, “the broom is in everybody’s home and now when you mention ‘Praye’, the response is ‘3w) obiaa fie.’(It is in every home) So, the broom has been in everybody’s home... so long as everybody gets up to clean his or her house that also motivates us to function as a group to give our fans the best song that they can have from us.”