You are here: HomeSports2009 10 21Article 170650

Players Abroad of Wednesday, 21 October 2009

Source: GHANAsoccernet.com

Tagoe playing career on track

German club Hoffenheim have been shamed after the German Football League (DFL) revealed that Ghana striker Prince Tagoe can continue with his playing career.

The Bundesliga side cancelled the striker's contract two months ago after just one test, claiming a heart problem has ended his career.

But the player's agent Goran Milovanvic disputed Hoffenheim's diagnosis, saying that several FIVE tests have given him the all-clear which resulted in an intervention by the DFL.

After looking at all the reports, the DFL has agreed with the five reports that declared a small defect on the Ghanaian player's fitness did not warrant the cancelling of his contract.

Even though Tagoe has not undergone any treatment for the said ailment it is lessening and a test in December should clear the Ghanaian to have his playing license reinstated.

"Since then, the diagnosis appears to be in remission with Tagoe's heart apparently returning to its normal function," the DFL said in statement.

"All parties are now in agreement that once Tagoe has completed his recovery phase, a second examination should be carried out."

This means the test in December will could clear him to play for the Black Stars at the African Cup of Nations in Angola early next year.

Hoffenheim abandoned Tagoe and cancelled his contract in August after the first test asking the Ghanaian player to return home

But they were forced to reinstate his deal after threats of a legal action from the striker's agent.

In a shocking PR bid to cover the shameful position they took, Hoffenheim are offering a more sympathetic look to Tagoe knowing that Tagoe will be cleared in December.

"We're delighted to see that there is a possibility it could be in remission and if the results of the new tests are positive then we would be happy to integrate him back into first-team affairs," said Hoffenheim sporting director Jan Schindelmeiser, who cancelled Tagoe's contract.

"If things don't quite work out as we hope then we'll certainly be offering him a role within the club," he added.

Tagoe is keen to put the issues behind him and return to the field as he is keen on playing for his country at the 2010 Nations Cup and World Cup.

"The most important thing is that I have a future with 1899 Hoffenheim and in the Bundesliga," said Tagoe.

"I'm really happy that there may be a way to achieve that now."