You are here: HomeSports2020 04 17Article 926761

Sports News of Friday, 17 April 2020

Source: Ghana Soccernet

No Galatasaray and Besiktas offer for Bernard Mensah, Kayserispor president insists

Galatasaray and Be?ikta? have made no approach for Kayserispor midfielder Bernard Mensah, the club's president has revealed.

The 25-year-old playmaker has been linked with a move away from the club amid a financial crisis which has affected the side this term.

Several clubs including Turkish giants Galatasaray as well as Be?ikta? were reported to be monitoring his situation.

But Kayserispor president Berna Gözba?? has told Turkey-based TV Spor that there have been no offers for the Ghana international.

"We have not received any offer from any club for Bernard. We know there have been lots of media talk regarding the situation but it remains speculation," she said

Galatasaray have figured prominently in such speculation, and a fresh round of rumours have put also Besiktas back in the mix with an approach when the transfer window re-opens this summer has been mooted.

With Kayserispor facing relegation, Mensah's departure appears extremely imminent.

The Ghanaian star has scored three goals and provided eight assists in 20 appearances so far in the 2019/2020 season.

However, the Turkish top-flight, just like many others in the world have been put on hold due to the coronavirus outbreak.

Join our Newsletter