You are here: HomeSports2015 04 30Article 356544

Boxing News of Thursday, 30 April 2015

Source: sportscrusader.com

I will make history in USA – Commey


Click to read all about coronavirus →

Commonwealth title holder Richard Oblitey Commey says he will make history in the United States of America (USA) when he mounts the ring against Bahodir come May 22, 2015 for the IBF Intercontinental lightweight championship.

The Ghanaian International hope of winning a world title is on course after his explosive start to his professional career.

After his overwhelming stoppage of South African boxer Thompson Mokwana to defend his Commonwealth Lightweight title last month, the King of Azonto is in line to make history for the first time in his boxing career in the States.

A delighted Commey told Sportscrusader.com that “history is about to be made in the US and I will do that come May 22, we started preparing after my fight in South Africa, and I am glad that my team has been able to help me to get a tough opponent and I will make them happy when we go to the States”.

The 28-year-old boxer rated number 9 by the IBF, number 14 by the WBA and number 16 by the WBC, faces the toughest opponent of his life when he mounts the ring against the 27-year-old Mamadjonov.

Send your news stories to and via WhatsApp on +233 55 2699 625.

Join our Newsletter