You are here: HomeSports2020 04 23Article 932413

Sports News of Thursday, 23 April 2020

Source: Ghana Soccernet

Dr Kwame Kyei stays in charge of Kotoko until committee's report - Manhyia


Click to read all about coronavirus →

The Manhyia Palace has told Dr Kwame Kyei that he will stay in charge of Asante Kotoko until the investigate report on the recent happening in the club is presented to the Owner of the club Otumfuo Osei Tutu II.

The future of the Executive Committee was thrown into doubt on Wednesday when the Manhyia Palace announced that Dr. Kyei had presented his report on his three-year stewardship.

A three-man committee was subsequently set up by the King's palace to investigate the circumstances surrounding the $240,000 FIFA fine over the transfer of Emmanuel Clottey as well as the failure of the club to meet the Club Licensing requirement.

The committee, chaired by a former chairman of the club, has four weeks to present its report over the two issues being investigated by the Manhyia Palace.

This sparked claims that Dr Kyei had been fired as had been done in the past when former chairmen of the club were relieved of their post when they presented their report on their tenure.

But Kwame Aboagye Mensah, personal assistant to Manhyia chief of staff, says the oil magnate stays in charge of the team until the report is presented over the recent problems in the team.

"Dr. Kwame Kyei has not been sacked and he continues to be the Executive Chairman of the club," Kwame Aboagye Mensah told Oyerepa FM on Thursday morning.

"He has brought his report for the past three years and he is in his fourth year. The report is being evaluated before any decision is taken.

"The committee has four weeks to make its finding known before any decision can be taken so we plead for stability at the club."

Send your news stories to and via WhatsApp on +233 55 2699 625.

Join our Newsletter