Feature Article of Friday, 2 January 2009
Columnist: Poku, Kojo
Shame on Nana Akufo Addo and NPP
After spending millions of dollars, government resources and using a US political consultant in campaigning
- Akufo-Addo lost the popular vote (despite the fathom voters in Ashanti region)
- Akufo-Addo lost 8 out of the 10 regions (despite bribing some chiefs)
- Akufo-Addo won only 2 Akan speaking regions (shows NPP is not broad-based)
- NPP lost their parliamentary majority to NDC
Any self-respecting person/party would have seen the signs on the wall and given up. It is more than shameful that Nana Akufo Addo and the NPP will put their selfish interests above that of the nation. For years we were made to believe that the NDC was the non-democratic, thuggish and violent party... but Ghanaians have to do a rethink
- When the NDC lost in 2000, Mills conceded and Rawlings peacefully handed over to Kufuor.
- When NDC lost again in 2004, they let Kufuor/NPP continue their ‘misrule’ in peace
As a result of Akuffo-Addo’s stubbornness, there is a complete turnaround of circumstances. Now,
- President Rawlings is seen as a "saint".
- John Atta-Mills as always is the "Asomdweehene"
- Nana Akufo Addo is seen as a Sour loser with dictatorial tendencies - He cares more about himself than Ghana
- President Kufuor, has in a few days, destroyed the little legacy that he hoped to leave.
Nana Addo-Dankwa must read the signs on the wall to save the little dignity in store for his party. With, or without, Tain, Professor Mills has won and it is mathematically impossible to revise what is established as a universal mathematical truth. A change has dawned on Ghana.
Like somebody said on one of the Message boards
NPP forgot to atTAIN, mainTAIN and reTAIN political integrity. Their perTAINing corrupt and bankrupt motives as ascerTAINed by the Ghanaian voter will be visible to the people of TAIN, too. They will not be enterTAINed in TAIN; they will surely return tearsTAINed.