Diasporian News of Friday, 16 March 2012
Source: Edwin Matey Cofie
“African Festival Yokohama aims to bridge the cultural difference between African
and Japan and to forge mutual friendship.
The 5th African Festival Yokohama 2012, organize by The African Festival
Yokohama Committee, supported by Japan Foreign Affairs, Kanagawa
Prefecture,Yokohama City and many African Embassies in Japan will take place
from Friday, March 30th to Sunday, April 1st 2012, from 11a.m. to 7p.m. at
the Yokohama Akarenga Warehouse No.1 Building. Highlight and side
attractions includes Live Performance, Djembe/Dance Workshops, African
Games, Photo/Art Exhibition, Embassy Area, African Handicraft Market, Fashion Show,
Lectures touching on Trade, Investment, Tourism and Development Agendas, Healthy and
Delicious African Cuisine and Drinks from many African Countries.
There would be a lot of fun and a lot to learn. Join African Festival
Yokohama 5th anniversary celebrations to experience a unique festival that
connects culture, business, governments and people together. This is a must
see event not to be missed by anyone.
1. ORGANIZER: African Festival Yokohama Committee
2. DATE: Friday 30th March to Sunday 1st April 2012 ( 3 Days )
3. TIME: 11:00 a.m. ~ 7:00 p.m. Last day from 11:00 a.m. to 5p.m.
4. PLACE: Yokohama Aka Renga Soko (Warehouse) No.1 Bldg.
1st, 2nd and 3rd floors.
5. ADMISSION: Free
6. TEL: 045-317-7890
7. FAX: 045-317-7643
8. NEAREST STATION: Bashamichi, Nihon Odori Stations,
Sakuragicho and Kanai Stations.
9. E-mail: email@example.com
10. WEBSITE: http://www.africanfestyokohama.com
Contact: Edwin Matey Cofie (Chairman of the African Festival Yokohama Committee) on
Thank you in anticipation.
Edwin Matey Cofie
African Festival Yokohama Committee.