You are here: HomeWallOpinionsArticles2017 12 16Article 610217

General News of Saturday, 16 December 2017


I regret allowing my ward attend KUMACA - Mother of deceased student

Madam Afia Serwaa, mother of one of the 11 students who reportedly died of H1N1 otherwise known influenza flu and meningitis has disclosed to Kumasi-based Abusua Fm that she regrets the day her ward gained admission into Kumasi Academy.

According to her, she would not advise even her enemy to allow his or her ward attend the school in view of her own predicament and how she was treated afterwards.

“I will never recommend that school to anyone as long as I live on this earth, never! Not even my worst enemy will I ask him or her to send the ward to the school because they are not being truthful to parents. I continue to regret as to why I allowed my ward attend the school in the first place”, she said.

A livid Afia Serwaa who believes both school authorities and health professionals are not speaking the truth about the actual cause of death, will not rule out rituals in the death of the first year students accusing tutors of the school of being the brains behind the unfortunate development.

“When I visited the school I was told the teachers are calling saints. The teachers and some students are aware of what is happening. There was an instance one of students was found lying inside the trunk of another but all they did was expel that student and failed to investigate the matter thoroughly. It was after that the school started recording the deaths. The teachers and some students are using souls of the freshers to enrich themselves”, she alleged.

“I don’t believe my ward died of H1N1. If a teacher was also affected then I am forced to believe that that killed all of them including my ward. I will not agree to the claim today or tomorrow because the teachers are on campus with the students one would have at least also suffered from the disease if it was the case. I personally told the doctor that the claim my son died of H1N1 is not true. The shocking thing is that she died exactly five months after her father died”, she disclosed on Abusua Fm.