You are here: HomeEntertainment2015 06 03Article 360782

Entertainment of Wednesday, 3 June 2015

Source: citifmonline.com

Shatta Wale, Charter House back in court on June 5

The case involving dancehall artiste, Shatta Wale and event company, Charter House will continue in court on June 5, 2015.

This was disclosed by the Public Relations Officer (PRO), George Quaye, during an interview on Accra-based Rainbow Radio.

“The case was originally supposed to be back in court on the 22nd May, but it has to be rescheduled since the judicial staff went on their strike, but the road is clear now for the action to continue from this Friday, 5th June,” he noted.

Charter House and its Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Iyiola Ayoade, dragged Shatta Wale to court on October 2, 2014, for defamation.

They said some videos Shatta Wale posted on his Facebook page defamed the company.

Charter House and its CEO are however demanding GH¢10 million in damages from Shatta Wale.

An out of court settlement requested by the dancehall artiste was rejected.

The case has been adjourned for about five times and nothing has since then been heard about it until now.

Shatta Wale had earlier advised Charter House to bury the hatchet and not to take things “too personal.”

“Charterhouse is a mother company that we look up to for the Ghana music awards,” he said on Citi FM’s Traffic Avenue in December 2014.