Crime & Punishment of Thursday, 1 November 2012

Source: Daily Guide

Teshie murderer nabbed

Emmanuel Osei Tutu Anibre, a 28-year-old farmer based in Kumasi, who allegedly murdered his uncle at Teshie, in Accra two weeks ago, has been arrested by the Teshie District Police.

The suspect was arrested at Kpando in the Volta Region after he went seeking refuge with his parents.

Samuel Tibil Punobyin, the Teshie District Police Commander, told DAILY GUIDE that on October 21, 2012, Emmanuel Anibre, deranged, visited the deceased, Morris Anibre, a painter at Teshie to seek medical attention.

The deceased called some of the family members to his house to have a meeting in connection with the suspect’s sickness.

Madam Peace Anibre, an aunt of the suspect’s, who led the family delegation from their Spintex road residence, then suggested that the suspect should be sent to their hometown to seek medical attention.

Madam Peace left that evening for her home to prepare for the journey while the suspect was left with the deceased in his rented apartment at Teshie.

The following morning, Morris was found dead in a pool of blood but the suspect was nowhere to be found. A broken kitchen knife with blood stains on it was also found by the police in the room of the deceased.

With the help of the Kpando police, the suspect was arrested on Thursday, October 25, 2012 and transported to Accra the following day.

Upon interrogation, he told the police that he actually did not know what happened, but he found himself in Kpando. He could not tell if he actually committed the act or not.

Police are still investigating the matter, but the suspect would soon be prosecuted. Forty-nine-year-old Togolese painter Morris Anibre was found murdered two weeks ago at Teshie.

Morris was found dead in the porch of an apartment he had rented on a one-storey building at Sea Lady, a Teshie suburb. His hands were clutched around his torso on the floor, with blood around his waist as his head was turned to his right side with a deep cut.

There was a deep cut on the left side of his neck, suggesting that his attacker might have used a sharp object to inflict the fatal wound.