You are here: HomeSports2020 03 21Article 900340

Sports News of Saturday, 21 March 2020

Source: Ghana Soccernet

Thomas Partey opens up on how Atletico Madrid are dealing with coronavirus scare

Ghana midfielder Thomas Partey has disclosed how Atlético Madrid are dealing with the coronavirus lockdown.

Spain is the second most-affected European country with deadly coronavirus.

The country’s coronavirus death toll too has increased sharply to reach 803.

A nation-wide lock-down has been announced affecting millions of its residents, and Partey has revealed how they (Atlético Madrid) received the news and how they’re dealing with it.

“Yes, we received an email saying the games (against Osasuna and Valladolid) had been postponed and that there was the need to remain professional and try to work from home while this virus situation is resolved,” Partey told Mirror Football.

“We were also told what we would be doing during this period and that the way forward would be communicated on a daily basis.

“We are still in contact and of course we have the group chats and the manager is always in touch if he needs to get a message across but we all know that human life is way important than anything at this point.”

Partey helped the side into the quarterfinal of the UEFA Champions League following a 4-2 aggregate win over holders Liverpool.

Send your news stories to and features to . Chat with us via WhatsApp on +233 55 2699 625.

Join our Newsletter