You are here: HomeNews2019 10 22Article 792080

Entertainment of Tuesday, 22 October 2019

Source: graphic showbiz

I'm disappointed in Shatta's management - Kwaw Kese

Rapper Kwaw Kese has expressed his disappointment in the management of Dancehall artiste Shatta Wale for their failure to reach out to him after he was pelted with bottles at the Reign Concert on Saturday, October 19.

Kwaw Kese, who has had a 'beef' with Shatta Wale since last year, was invited to perform at the Reign Concert, which came off at the Fantasy Dome in Accra and was on stage when some patrons started throwing bottles at him.

Unfazed, the Abodam rapper continued with his performance.

In an interview on Joy FM's Cosmopolitan Mix with Mamavi Owusu Aboagye on Tuesday, October 22, Kwaw Kese said he was disappointed that Shatta Wale's management had still not said anything to him three days after the incident.

"I am not disappointed in the fans, I am disappointed in the management for not reaching to me after the incident. Maybe, to them what happened was good and that's why they have not come out to say anything," he said.

When asked if he was still expecting Shatta Wale or his management to get in touch with him, Kwaw Kese said he was.

The Dondo rapper also justified why he performed at the event when there was a 'beef' between him and Shatta.

"His management got in touch with my management and asked me to perform. I was to be the surprise artiste and being the professional that I am, I accepted to perform," he said.

For Kwaw Kese, he was not bothered by what the fans did saying there were a few out of the many who were at the event and cheered him on.

He called for unity in the music industry and said he was initiating a bottle challenge in which fans posted videos of themselves on social media doing something with a bottle or bottles.