You are here: HomeNews2019 10 08Article 787287

General News of Tuesday, 8 October 2019


Fumbisi SHS girl jumps from 2nd floor, 19 others collapse after ghost scare

The school has been temporarily closed until the investigations are over The school has been temporarily closed until the investigations are over

About twenty students of Fumbisi Senior High /Agric School in the Upper East Region collapsed between Sunday and Monday after allegedly seeing ghosts lurking on campus, a situation which has caused the management to send all students home and shut the place down temporarily until further notice.

Three of the students collapsed on Sunday night and 17 more on Monday.

They were hospitalised at Fumbisi Clinic and the Sandema Government Hospital.

Sixteen of those taken to the Sandema Government Hospital have been discharged.

As a result of the ghost scare, some students went on the rampage over the mysterious mass fainting of their fellow students – a situation which compelled the school authorities to shut down the place.

The District Police Commander for Builsa South, Superintendent Samuel Ntoso, told Class News’ regional correspondent Derick Abakisi that “a strange object”, according to reports, “which looked like a human being, appeared where the children were studying” in the night around 11 pm and, so, they “became frightened and started running for dear life in various directions”.

“So, one of the third-year General Arts students, a lady, whose name was given as Salomey Acheampong, happened to jump from the second floor and landed on the ground, so, she got injured and was rushed to the Fumbisi Clinic. But the information we have now is that she has been transferred to Sandema.

“Then also around 1 am this morning [Monday], that’s at dawn, some of the students, according to the information we have, went to the housemistress’ bungalow and threw stones to damage some of her properties. From there they continued to the headmaster’s bungalow where they assaulted the night security man. So, when day broke, the troubles were still going on. [The school] prepared their [students] breakfast for them but they said they will not eat. So, the headmaster, in consultation with the DCE and the Regional Director of Education, took a decision that in order not to sit down for anything bad to happen, they should close the school down until further notice.

“According to the information that we have, some of the girls have some attacks which looks spiritual so they have been rushed to the Sandema Government Hospital. The school has been closed down and all the students have left the campus”, he narrated.