Regional News of Monday, 10 March 2014
Source: Graphic Online
Tragedy struck a family of five at Ejisu in the Ashanti region Monday dawn when the room in which they were sleeping caught fire and burnt them to death.
The incident was said to have happened at about 12:30am near the Ejisu Senior High Technical School.
The mother, identified as Akua Afriyie was burnt beyond recognition together with her four kids, two of whom were twins, a boy and girl.
Eyewitnesses said they were awoken by the sound of an explosion and when they came out of their rooms, they saw the detached house on fire.
Four other persons were saved from a different room but the eyewitnesses said they were unable to break into the room in which the deceased were trapped.
Their remains have been deposited at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital morgue.