Date of Birth
One of New York magazine's "Best Doctors in New York - June 2001"
- Chief of Spinal Deformity service at Rancho Los Amigos Hospital in Downey California. 1991-1994. Associate Medical Director, Southern California Complex Spine And Scoliosis center. Presbyterian Intercommunity hospital Whittier CA 1990-1994. Chief, Scoliosis Service, Hospital for Special Surgery 1994 to present. Author and Inventor
- Orthopaedic Surgery. Adult and Pediatric Scoliosis and Spinal Disorders.
- Faculty Position
- Associate Professor of Clinical Surgery (Orthopaedics), Weill Medical College of Cornell University
- Board Certification
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Medical School
- Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- General Surgery: St. Vincents Hospital & Medical Center, New York, NY
Orthopaedic Surgery: The Hosptial for Special Surgery, New York, NY
- 1) Orthopaedic Pathology: The Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY (Lead to publication of classic "Atlas of Spinal disease")
- 2) Spine, Reconstructive and Deformity Surgery: Twin Cities Scoliosis Center, Minneapolis, MN
- Special Clinical Interests
Spine reconstructive and deformity surgery in pediatric and adult patients.
- Research Projects
- Scoliosis Research Society Russell Hibbs Award for Best Clinical Paper, 1989.
- Finalist for Scoliosis Research Society Russell Hibbs Award for Best Clinical Paper, 1991 and 1993.
- Professional Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Scoliosis Research Society, North American Spine Society, Spine Society, American Medical Association.
Research Projects Clinical outcome studies in adult and pediatric spinal reconstructive surgery Spinal instrumentation design and Biomechanics Endoscopic techniques in spinal deformity surgery
Current Research Spinal instrumentation design and application Salvage and revision spinal surgery in pediatric and adult patients Isola instrumentation principles and applications for spinal deformity Gait analysis in patients undergoing sacropelvic fixation Classification, evaluation and management of spinal sagittal imbalance syndromes Outcome assessment in spinal deformity surgery
Hospital for Special