Soccer News of Wednesday, 21 May 2014
Ghana coach Kwesi Appiah insists he has no second thoughts after naming his provisional squad for the 2014 World Cup.
The Black Stars trainer was forced by a FIFA directive to add four players to his named 26-man squad for June’s tournament in Brazil.
The added four players will however not be part of the team’s preparations for the World Cup as they have been told they are on a stand-by list.
Coach Appiah insists he is happy with his selected players in response to suggestions he is second-guessing himself having made the big announcement last week.
“When you are making a team for a tournament like the World Cup, you don’t need to second guess yourself,” he told Metro FM.
“I only had to bring in the extra four players to satisfy a FIFA directive but then my mind has already been made up.
“It has absolutely nothing to do with any sober reflection.”
The Black Stars team have begun preparations towards the World Cup in a non-residential camp in Accra.
The team will play a farewell match against a local select side – the Dream Team – on Friday, before it departs to intensify its preparations in the Netherlands.
|Courtesy of GHANAsoccernet.com - Ghana's leading football news website. Click for more news.|