Transfers of Monday, 25 February 2013
Transfer Talk: Free State Stars linked with Dauda
Follow the rumour mill with the latest transfer rumours, gossip and speculation from the newspapers and online.
- Feb 20 -- South African side Free State Stars have been linked with a move for in-form goalkeeper Fatau Dauda. The stock of the 27-year-old has risen following his impressive performance at the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations.
- Feb 15 -- Charles Takyi has signed for Danish Superliga outfit AC Horsens. His contract is valid til the end of the season.The 28-year-old played for Hamburger SV, St. Pauli and Greuter Guerth and has absolved 25 Bundesliga as well as 93 Bundesliga II games. A move to Energie Cottbus didn't go through in October
- Feb 13(footy-ghana.com) -- Asante Kotoko defender Rashid Sumaila will leave the club in May this year to join Southh African giants Mamelodi Sundowns, understands. Sundowns are understood to have paid an undisclosed commitment fee to Sumaila’s parent club Dwarfs and already transfer terms have been agreed between both clubs.
- Sulley Muntari's younger brother Sulley Muniru has signed for Romanian champions CFR 1907 Cluj. The former Liberty Professionals youth team player was unveiled last Thursday. The 18-year-old had trials at Spanish giants Real Madrid but he was not offered a contract.
- Lee Addy has joined Croatian side Dinamo Zagreb on loan till the end of the season. The centre-back, who can also play as a left-back, moves from Chinese Super League side Dalian Aerbin. Addy will then put-pen-to-paper to a four-year contract when his loan deal expires in June
- Derrick Appiah, 18, signed a two-and-a-half year contract with the French Ligue 2 side for an undisclosed fee from Ghana Premier League side Amidaus Professionals.
- Feb. 1 -- Ghana midfielder Derek Boateng’s proposed move to Fulham failed to materialize after the transfer window in England closed on Thursday night.
- Jan 31 -- Frank "Messi" Acheampong joined RSC Anderlecht on loan for 18 months with buying option. He comes from the Thai league where he was voted best player in 2011.
- Samuel Inkoom has signed for French League 1 side SC Bastia. The former Asante Kotoko right back will now move from his Ukrainian club Dnepropetrovsk Dnieper.
- Adriano Galliani has dropped another hint that Milan are pushing for Mario Balotelli, as reports emerge Kevin-Prince Boateng could be included in the €20m deal.
- Enoch Kofi Adu joins FC Brugge from Nordsjaelland for a fee of $2 million. He will be on a 3.5-year contract
- Manchester City have announced the signing of Ghanaian striker Godsway Donyoh from his country's Right to Dream Academy. The 18-year-old has immediately been loaned out to Swedish side Djurgarden for the rest of the year.
Djurgarden manager Magnus Pehrsson said: "The combination that Donyoh is a talented player who fits into our style of play, and that Manchester City believes in him, makes him an interesting addition to our squad."
- Jan 26 -- Fulham have signed Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong on loan until the end of the season.
- Jan 25 -- The Bundesliga club Hoffenheim has signed Ghana midfielder Afriyie Acquah from the Italian side Parma. Hoffenheim says the 21-year-old player signed a four and a half year contract.
- Four-time African champions, TP Mazembe of the Democratic Republic of Congo have signed two Ghanaian nationals; Berekum Chelsea’s Richard Kissi Boateng and and Asante Kotoko’s Yaw Frimpong for five years
- Jan 17 -- It only seems like a day or so ago that we were reporting that the deal to bring Derek Boateng to Fulham was all but done. However, we`re now finding out that all is not quite what it seems.
Reports are surfacing that Boateng`s relationship with Dnipro (Ukraine) isn`t what it should be. His club is claiming that Boateng has gone AWOL and that any transfer talks for the 29 year-old are being held without their permission. Or is this simply a ruse to extract a few more quid out of our coffers!
- Former Black Stars defender Francis Dickoh joins Belgian side Cercle Brugge after impressing on trials. The 30-year-old has signed a 6 months contract with the bottom-of-the-table club. Dickoh has been clubless since leaving Greek outfit Aris Saloniki in summer 2012.
- Black Stars left-back Richard Kissi Boateng, has joined DR Congo outfit TP Mazembe on a five-year deal.
- Former Kotoko winger Francis Akwaffo Boateng has finalized his move to Libya. He is now officially a player of Al-Nasr on a six-month loan deal.
- Jan 15 -- According to the Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet, Stromsgodset and Ghanaian international goalkeeper Adambathia Larsen Kwarasey is headed for Nottingham Forest in the English Championship League.
- Marseille have allowed teenager Kevin Osei to try out at French third-tier side Amiens SC.
- Norwegian side Rosenborg are ready to offload midfielder Mohammed Awal Issah. Issah has not been training with Rosenborg in pre-season this year ahead of the start of the new campaign. He was signed from Serbian side Red Star Belgrade as a replacement for GAnthony Annan but that was not to be.
- Jan 12 -- Osei Pele is expected to join Adana Demirspor in Turkey.
- Jan 10 -- RSC Anderlecht is considering to loan Frank Acheampong for 6 months plus buying option.
- Jan 9 -- Udinese aim to lure Richmond Boakye away from the Juventus this winter.
- Jan 9 -- Former Liberty Professionals midfielder, Abdul Aziz Tetteh, has joined Greek Premier side Platanias on a three-and-half year contract from fellow Greek lower division side, Fokikos FC
- Jan 8 -- AC Milan have joined the race to sign Afriyie Acquah. Arsenal is also being linked to the 20-year-old midfielder who has been dubbed the new Michael Essien.
- Jan 7 -- U-20 defender Richard Ofori is on a one-week trial at FC Kaiserslautern. The 19-year-old plays for Mighty Jets.
- Jan 6-- Samuel Afum signed a three and half years contract with Swiss club Young Boys of Bern
- Dec 5 -- Serie A side Udinese have completed the signing of Ghana youth defender Masahudu Alhassan from Genoa on a co-ownership basis. Masahudu will however remain at Serie B side Novara until the close of the season before joining Les Zebrettes in August.
- Jan 4 -- Fulham are keen to sign Ghana midfielder Derek Boateng from Dnipro but have apparently told him that he must reject the chance to play in the African Nations Cup. However, journalist Gary Al Smith has revealed on Twitter that he has spoken to a Ghana FA official, who told him: "Fulham are blowing hot air. If they try to block Derek, we'll mess them up."
- Jan 3 -- Fulham will attend a work permit hearing for Derek Boateng on Friday ahead of a proposed move, according to reports. The Sun is reporting that the move will be a six-month loan deal with a chance for Fulham to buy the player in the summer.
- Sky Sports understands a number of clubs are chasing defender Samuel Inkoom in this month's transfer window. West Brom are thought to be keen to bring the defender to the Premier League, while Hamburg and Sporting Lisbon are also chasing his signature.
- Egyptian side Ismaili are in talks with Gaish striker Ernest Papa Arko over a free transfer next summer.
- French top flight Stade Rennes has announced the signature of John Mensah for 6 months. The 30 year old has been without club since he parted company with Lyon this summer.
Mensah played for Rennes from 2006–08 before he signed for Lyon in 2008-09. Due to recurrent injuries he featured for Lyon in few games in 2008-09 before he was loaned to Sunderland. Sources revealed that the absence of John Boye was the main reason for his enrollment. Mensah has been training with the Breton Club since November. He will wear shirt number 20
- Jan 2: Goal.com are reporting that Dnipro midfielder Derek Boateng is currently undergoing a medical at Fulham, ahead of a permanent move to London. Talks broke down last August, but it now seems the 29-year-old will complete the transfer.
- (Daily Express) Arsenal are ready to make a €9m offer for Palermo midfielder Afriyie Acquah, who is on loan to Parma. The 20-year-old was handed to Parma this summer on loan with an option to buy at the end of the season, but they do not seem intent on taking that up. Acquah could be heading to the Premier League during the transfer window
- Jan 1 (Daily Mirror)-- Swansea are to revive their long-standing interest in Bristol City's £3m rated Ghana winger Albert Adomah.
- Kpando Heart of Lions are ready to make a swoop for their former top marksman Sam Yeboah.The 26-year-old made name with Lions way back in the 2003-2004 Ghana Premier league season where he won the goal king race, but had an unsuccessful spell abroad playing for clubs including Moldovan side Sherrif Tiraspol, Israeli sides Kfar Saba, Hapoel Tel Aviv and Ashdod. The striker terminated his contract with Cypriot side Nea Salamis Famagusta this year after playing 11 games for them and scoring three goals and he is now a free agent.
- Mamelodi Sundowns have moved to clear two of their foreign signings, Emmanuel Baffour and Mumuni Abubakar, off their wage bill
- Ashgold say their leading marksman, Yakubu Mohammed, would not be sold to Asante Kotoko, but could head to Turkey or Tunisia at the end of the Ghana league season
- Dec 30 (UK Sun) -- STOKE are lining up a move for winger Solomon Asante. The Berekum Chelsea players is on a short list for Africa-based player of the year.
- Dec 27 (MTNFootball) -- Prince Tagoe will sign for Saudi Arabian Pro League side Al Ettifaq. The 26-year-old has undergone medical at his former club ahead of completing a move. He played for Ettifaq 2007-09 before leaving for German Bundesliga side TSG Hoffenheim in June 2009.
- Dec 21 -- Massawud Alhassan will officially join Udinese after Christmas after Antonio Floro Flores was finally transferred from Udinese to Genoa.
- Dec 20 --Swedish top-flight side Malmö FF have reached an agreement to officially contract Heart of Lions striker Benjamin Fadi for three years in March, 2013.
- Dec 18 -- Arsenal is monitoring the progress of Ghana international Afriyie Acquah. The 20-year-old is currently on a season-long loan at Parma from Serie A rivals Palermo. Perhaps unsurprisingly, Acquah—whom the Sun claim is valued at £8 million—has been likened to his fellow Ghanaian midfielder Michael Essien.
- Dec 17 -- Heart of Oak midfielder, Laryea Kingston is undergoing a trial in Singapore for an eventual deal with Brinei side, Duli Pengiran Muda Mahkota FC. According to Africasoccer.com, the deal may worth US$ 1 million. The 31-year-old may not be present tomorrow as Heart of Oak play heart of Lions in the Ghana Premier League.
- Dec 16 --French side Rennes are pondering a swoop for defender John Mensah as a cover for his compatriot John Boye who is heading to the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations
- Dec 13 --Aston Villa are eyeing midfielder Derek Boateng, claim The Sun. The 29-year-old plays for Ukrainian side Dnipro but has recently fallen out of favour and could be available for under £5 million. However the midfielder would depart for the African Cup of Nations in January, having played his part in the qualifiers, which could dissuade Paul Lambert from making a bid.
- Dec 3 -- David Nii Addy is on the books of Vfl Wolfsburg & Eintracht Frankfurt.
- Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas is preparing to gazump West Ham for the services of Andre Ayew, the English media have reported.
- Derek Boateng will choose between Fulham and Aston Villa next month.
- CELTIC have ended their interest in winger Frank Acheampong, dubbed ‘the Ghanaian Lionel Messi’
- Porto winger Christian Atsu has turned down a new deal at Porto to alert Tottenham and a host of other clubs.
- Kotoko's Ben Acheampong expected to join Angolan side Petro Atlético de Luanda