General News of Sunday, 17 June 2012
The National Youth Organiser of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), Anthony Karbo, has said Ghanaians will do themselves a great deal of disservice if they re-elect the National Democratic Congress (NDC) back into power.
Speaking to Citifmonline.com on Sunday, Karbo said the Mills-led government has totally failed Ghana and a second-term will spell doom for the country in all sectors.
Karbo, who is on a nine-day tour with the NPP vice-presidential candidate, Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia described the format of the tour as unique.
He said: “What Dr. Bawumia has been doing and intends to do is very unique. Dr. Bawumia has been meticulously engaging the people and tackling the issues in one-on-one interactions and community to community durbars. So far it is clear from what we have seen that this is about the best strategy available.”
He said the tour had been very successful and had exceeded his expectations. “The response has been great and fantastic and for me it is understandable, judging from the fact that the NDC has failed the people monumentally,” he added.
Dr. Bawumia is accompanied on the tour by a number of eminent NPP personalities from the Mamprugu area. These include Mr. Bugri Naabu, a leading member of the NPP in the Northern Region, Mr. J.J Yidana, a former Police Chief who was exiled after the 31st December coup.
Others are Mustapha Hamid, spokesperson to NPP presidential candidate, Nana Akufo-Addo, Mr. Ben Salifu, former Northern Regional Minister, NPP National Youth Organizer, Madam Rita Asobayere, former National Women’s Organizer of the NPP, Rashid COP, Northern Regional Youth Organizer and the parliamentary candidate of the NPP in the Nalerigu-Gambaga constituency, Peter Wuni Baga.
Dr. Bawumia is currently in Walewale, his home constituency. **